What Cases Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Handle?
A personal injury lawyer helps victims – people who have been injured either physically or psychologically, or in some cases both physically and mentally. A victim might be hurt intentionally, such as during a violent act, or someone unintentionally hurt, such as when you slip on water and fall in a grocery store. The bottom line is that negligence is involved and results in the injury of another person.
What Types of Cases Do Personal Injury Lawyers Handle?
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – including motorcycle and 18-wheeler accidents where injuries occur.
- Premises Liability – where injuries occur due to a fault with a building. An example would be a leaky hose that leads to a slip and fall injury. Another example is a picture that falls off the wall in a shop and injures a shopper.
- Product Liability – cases occur when products fail and cause injury. These can be industrial machines or products you buy off the shelf. Common examples are space heaters that burn you or start a fire.
- Medical Malpractice – cases occur when medical personnel cause injury through their actions. These cases can also include medical devices that malfunction, such as a heart catheter that does not work as expected.
- Workers’ Compensation – cases occur when an injury occurs on the job. These can be accidental injuries, such as tripping over a file cabinet drawer, or injuries that occur over a period, such as carpal tunnel or tinnitus from ambient noise or machinery.
- Assault/Sexual Assault – cases usually occur out of violence. Spousal abuse, bar fights, etc. Sexual assault cases include date rape, rape, molestation, and other forms of sexual acts against the will of another.
- Psychological injury – cases occur when the behavior of others causes a mental injury or exacerbates an existing mental condition. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is a form of mental injury.
Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
Often, someone who is injured physically or mentally is made to feel as though it is their fault. A personal injury lawyer will speak on your behalf, so you no longer have to face those people who hurt you. If you think you have a personal injury case or a mental health injury, give us a call. We will listen to your side of the event, answer your questions, and, when necessary, stand up for you.
Larry Wall and Tina Huntington at Wall Huntington Law Firm have seen it all in over 50 years of combined experience pursuing personal injury cases in the Wichita Metro Area. Put our experience to work for you.