Distracted Driving Car Accidents
I Was Hit By Someone Texting, But They Are Denying Using The Device. There Were No Witnesses. How Can I Prove They Were Distracted While Driving?
Cell phones are everywhere. Automobile drivers are everywhere. Unfortunately, these two items often work in tangent. Unfortunately, it’s not uncommon for a driver, especially a teenager or young person, to be distracted by his or her phone. The distraction could come from talking on the phone (which is illegal in many states) if not on a hands-free device, or the distraction could present itself in browsing the web, texting or even watching a show.
So, what happens if you find yourself in a collision with another vehicle and it’s due to the negligence of the other driver and their inability to keep their eyes off their phone? Here’s a simpler way to say it: What if I’m in an accident that was caused by someone texting? Here’s what you do:
- Seek medical attention (if necessary) immediately.
- Contact the police
- Communicate the fault of the other party due to their phone usage while driving
- Take photos of the accident
- Ask witnesses to provide testimony
No Witnesses Around
What if there are no witnesses? The driver at fault claims he or she wasn’t texting? What can you do? Follow these steps and contact us today!
- Give your testimony to the officer
- Look around to see if you can locate any street cameras. Inquire about obtaining photos
- Write down everything you can about the incident, including date and exact time of incident
- Make sure and gather as much information as you can about the other driver.
There’s a chance you can gather evidence for your cause via street photos or the other driver’s phone history. An experienced attorney on your side can help!
The Right Lawyers At The Right Time
At Wall Huntington, our lawyers help victims and families throughout Kansas. We navigate the legal process for you. We work hard and full time to get you full and complete compensation. We care about our clients and believe every injured or wronged individual deserves caring, compassionate and capable representation. You will never be treated like a number. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car wreck or you’ve been harmed by negligence or medical malpractice, contact us today at 316-265-6000.