Wrongful Death Results | Wall Huntington | Wichita Kansas

Contact Us

Get In Touch

    Wrongful Death Results

    Wrongful Death Results


    Larry Wall obtained a substantial settlement against two Wichita doctors for their failure to diagnose and timely treat cervical cancer in a 39 year old married woman. As a result of the negligence the woman was deprived of 42 years of life and suffered a horrible death. She was a Registered Nurse. An economist was retained and prepared a report that detailed the lost income and household services at $1.3 million. Thus, the case settled very close to the actual losses and without the risk of a trial. Cervical cancer should never occur in the United States. Please see the website below for steps you can take to protect yourself.

    Back to Top


    Larry Wall filed suit against a doctor in Colony, Ks. for his failure to diagnose and treat unstable angina. Unstable angina is new unexplained chest pain or shortness of breath that is an emergency. It requires immediate hospitalization. Unfortunately for the client he saw his family practice doctor on a Friday and his doctor and the cardiologist he consulted decided to wait until Monday to treat the condition. On Monday his wife took him to Wichita, Kansas to the cardiologists office for an early morning appointment. He was seen by a medical assistant and was given two doses of nitroglycerin which caused his blood pressure to drop dangerously low. The cardiologist was not even present when this occurred and when he finally arrived he didn’t know how to intubate the patient. As a result the patient suffered from lack of oxygen and ultimately died. The family practice doctor was also forced to admit that he had created two different sets of records for the single visit. Larry Wall retained an economist to testify that this wrongful death caused the heirs to lose several million dollars plus the advice and comfort of their husband, father and grandfather. The case settled on the eve of trial.

    Back to Top


    Larry Wall filed suit against a doctor in Arkansas City, Kansas on behalf of a married mother of two for his failure to recognize that sudden onset of a severe headache and alarmingly high blood pressure are warning signs of a hemorrhagic stroke. The woman presented to her doctor without an appointment with complaints of a severe headache that developed suddenly without warning or any known reason. The nurse recorded her blood pressure at 210/100. If heeded, this warning sign gave the doctor ample time to treat and save the patient. Unfortunately, the doctor prescribed a water pill and sent her home where she was found later that day unresponsive. She was life watched to Wichita, Kansas. The doctor sent a “doctored” set of records with her in the ambulance. At he and his nurse’s deposition they both testified that she never complained of a headache. Larry Wall disclosed at the end of their depositions that he had the statements of two patients that had been in the waiting room that same day and had seen the victim crying with pain due to the severity of her headache. He also had 3 witnesses that had seen her at a coffee shop a few hours before and that she was complaining of the “worst head ache of my life.” Confronted with the realization that the altered records had been discovered and that the lie would not hide the malpractice the defendant quickly settled for $975,000.00. The doctor soon left the practice of medicine. He went to work for a doctor owned malpractice insurance company.

    Back to Top


    Tina Huntington & Larry Wall filed suit against a doctor and a family practice clinic in Great Bend, Kansas for failure to diagnose and treat unstable angina. The patient presented to the clinic with complaints of a seven-day history of increasing shortness of breath, anxiety, and an inability to breathe while lying down. The patient was diagnosed with anxiety. She was given a handout on interventions. A complete physical examination was not obtained. No blood tests were ordered, nor was her heart and cardiovascular system evaluated. The patient returned to the clinic with continued complaints of shortness of breath. An echocardiogram was conducted. The echocardiogram results were abnormal. It revealed evidence consistent with an anterioseptal infarct (heart attack). The patient was only told she would be contacted regarding the significance of the echocardiogram findings. No blood tests were ordered. A treadmill exam was recommended. The patient was again diagnosed with anxiety. She was instructed on how to slow her breathing and given a prescription for Lorazepam. An employee of the clinic called the patient and advised her that no other echocardiograms were found for comparison, despite the fact a prior normal echocardiogram was contained in the clinic record. The patient returned to the clinic for a third time with continued shortness of breath and swelling. She was noted as pale and pasty with shallow breathing and an eighty-nine percent oxygen saturation. The clinic note indicated the patient as having had a cardiac work-up and chest x-ray that were all normal. A complete physical examination was not obtained. The patient’s heart and cardiovascular system were not evaluated. Sleep studies, ABG’s, and PFT’s were recommended. Two days later, the patient’s family took her to the emergency room because of increasing respiratory distress. She was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and possible acute coronary syndrome. The patient was stabilized and transferred to St. Francis hospital. Electrocardiogram studies were consistent with a recent antecedent anterior wall infarction. The patient’s ejection fraction was estimated to be thirty percent. A chest x-ray revealed she had cardiomegaly with bilateral interstitial alveolar edema. The patient went into acute rental failure and aggressive diuresis was instituted. The patient’s heart failure worsened, she developed cardiogenic shock, in addition to the acute renal and respiratory failure. The patient died that evening. During the critical visits to the clinic, the patient was seen by an advanced registered nurse practioner (ARNP) who by Kansas law is required to be under the supervision of an attending physician. However, there was no attending physician working at the clinic during the critical time frame for this patient. The case settled for a confidential sum prior to trial.

    Back to Top


    Larry Wall & Tina Huntington filed suit on behalf of a Hutchinson family against a physician and emergency room for failure to appropriately assess and treat unstable angina resulting in the patient’s death. The patient (who had heart stints placed just 6 months prior) presented to the emergency room with complaints of chest discomfort. An EKG taken at the emergency room revealed a “possible lateral infarct.” He was diagnosed with upper respiratory infection and hyperventilation and sent home with instructions that advised, “You may feel as though you are going die. This is not going to happen.” and “breathing slowly into a paper bag will help solve the problem.” The patient was dismissed to go home. He and his family left the emergency room and made the less than 10 minute drive to their home. The patient was unable to make it into his house and collapsed on the ledge in front of his home. EMS arrived and administered oxygen but the patient seized and a code blue was called. The patient was taken back to the emergency room, but could not be stabilized and was pronounced dead within an hour. The case was resolved for a confidential sum prior to trial.

    Back to Top


    Assistant United States Attorney Tanya Treadway dedicated more than five years to the criminal prosecution of a Haysville, Kansas, physician and his wife on 34 criminal counts including illegal distribution of controlled substances, conspiracy to commit health care fraud, health care fraud resulting in death, and money laundering. The practices of the doctor and his wife lead to over 176 patient drug overdoses, bodily injuries, and 68 deaths. On the eve of trial in February, 2009, a federal judge significantly reduced the case, limiting it to four patients. Ms. Treadway prevailed on appeal and successfully prosecuted the case, obtaining Guilty verdicts for both defendants from a jury after an eight week trial. Her commitment and dedication obtained a result that will help to ensure the safety of patients and consumers across Kansas and the United States.

    In addition to the federal prosecution numerous wrongful death actions were brought by the heirs of the victims of Dr. Schneider. Larry Wall and Tina Huntington had the opportunity to assist several of those families. On December 30, 2012, Larry Wall was honored to receive the Kansas Association of Justice “Distinguished Practice Award” for his tireless efforts on behalf of families impacted by the reckless practices of Dr. Schneider.

    Larry Wall represented the heirs of Kandace B. who died as a result of an accidental drug over dose on 11-14-2003. She was the mother of two children. She was a patient at the Schneider Clinic from 07-10-03 until 11-12-03. She died from an accidental drug over dose two days after her last appointment. Larry Wall received a report from Dr. Steven Richeimer of the University of Southern California. As a result of the report of Dr. Richeimer the case was settled with the provision that the amount of the settlement remain confidential.

    Larry Wall represented the husband of Patricia G. who died as a result of an accidental drug over dose. The medications had been prescribed at the Schneider Clinic in Haysville, Kansas. Patricia had been a patient at the clinic from February 1, 2003 through June 20, 2005. Larry Wall obtained an expert report from Dr. Graves Owen an expert who had volunteered to help Dr. Schneider before this lady’s death occurred. As a result of the discovery of Dr. Owens and the submission of his report the case settled for a confidential amount.

    Larry Wall accepted the case of a patient that did not die from a drug overdose. Justin B. was a chronic pain patient CPP treated with chronic opioid therapy COT at the Schneider Clinic from October 19,2001 until September 12, 2005. As a result he became addicted to opioids. The addiction was no his fault. His addiction was caused by the Clinic’s greed and the carelessness of Dr. Schneider. He was later treated for the addiction caused by the over prescribing and was able to live without pain and without narcotics. He was referred to the, detox specialist by Larry Wall. The case was resolved after Larry Wall provided the reports of the addiction and detox specialist. The expert detoxified Justin with Suboxone ®. Wall Huntington Law Firm will help you or a loved one even if the addiction is ongoing. Treatments for narcotic addictions are available in Wichita, Kansas for nominal fees.

    Larry Wall represented the Estate and heirs of Jeff H. Jeff was 45 years old and was married and was the Father of two teen age daughters at the time he died. He was treated at the Schneider Clinic five times and on all visits he was provided narcotics. Larry Wall retained Dr. James Hay of the Seacoast Pain Institute, Dr. Graves T. Owen of the Texas Pain Rehabilitation Institute. His death was caused by the treatment he received at the Schneider Clinic. He was last treated on 12-08-2004. He died from the effects of the drugs he received from the Schneider Clinic three days after he was found unresponsive at work the evening of 12-27-04. The case settled after a Motion for Punitive Damages was filed.

    Larry Wall & Tina Huntington represented the heirs of Lucy S. in a lawsuit for her wrongful death. She was a patient of the Schneider Clinic from 8-29-03 til 8-23-07. She died from a accidental drug overdose on 8-29-07 just six days after her last visit to the clinic. The lawsuit claimed that Dr. Stephen Schneider and his Schneider Clinic LLC. were both responsible for the actions of Connie White PA and Dr. Lawrence Simon. Both White and Simon lost their licenses to practice the healing arts. Lucy was happily married with five loving children at the time of her death. The case settled after one day of court ordered mediation for a confidential amount.

    Larry Wall & Tina Huntington represented the heirs of Tina R. who was a chronic pain patient (CPP) of Dr. Stephen Schneider at his Schneider Clinic in Haysville, Kansas from 6-10-2004 through 11-23-2005. She was treated with chronic, opioid therapy (COT). She also suffered from a severe mental illness. Her son and daughter were so concerned that she was suicidal that they both accompanied her on her last visit to the clinic. They expressed concern to Dr. Schneider however he assured them she was not suicidal without performing an tests or a psychological examination. She committed suicide four days after her last visit to the clinic. The drugs prescribed to her by Dr. Schneider on the last visit were known to increase the risk of suicide.

    Back to Top