Civil Rights Lawyers Wichita Kansas
MENTALLY DISABLED AND ILL JAIL INMATES
The large number of incarcerated men and women with severe mental illness in the Sedgwick County Jail is a threat to the safety to all citizens. The Sedgwick County Jail may be the largest mental health providers in the entire state!. Yet the jail is not designed or equipped for mentally ill prisoners.
Prison is hard on mental health in general, because of overcrowding, violence, lack of privacy, lack of meaningful activities, isolation from family and friends, uncertainty about life after prison, and inadequate health services.
The impact of these problems is worse for prisoners whose thinking and emotional responses are impaired by schizophrenia, bipolar disease, major depression, and other serious mental illnesses.
The mentally ill in the Sedgwick County Jail face inadequate mental health services that leave them under-treated or mistreated.
If you or a loved one have experienced inadequate health or mental services while incarcerated, we are here to help, call 316-265-6000 or contact us online today.
- Sheriff’s Office sued over beating of jail inmate, 02-20-2010
- Supervisors aware of abuse Eagle, 06-10-2012
- Lawyer Beating Was Excessive, 03-09-2008
- Jailer Apologizes for Beating Inmate, 05-29-2009
- County hopes to settle lawsuit over beaten jail inmate, 03-18-2010
- Lawsuit raises questions mentally ill Eagle, 03-24-2012
- Family of Man Beaten in the Sedgwick Couty Jail files a Lawsuit, 08-31-2009
- Suit Claims Jail Mistreats Mentally Ill, 08-30-2009
- Family of Beaten Inmate Says Lawsuit Is to Create Change, 08-30-2009
- Man Beaten By Jail Guard Files Suit, 08-29-2009